Day and time
Casa Milà (La Pedrera) auditorium
Activity at La Pedrera:
Sense Sal & Cinema en curs
A session linking the life-affirming music of Senna Salt with collective images from the Cinema en Curs teaching project. The Terrassa band has decided to experiment with electronica, mixing it with Mediterranean folk and achieving new sounds proclaiming celebration, love and happiness. Cinema en Curs has held a series of workshops at various schools and colleges. Supported by film-makers, boys and girls aged between 14 and 18 will create audiovisual pieces to accompany this unique concert.
In the middle of a tour presenting their new album Només tenim la veu, the Terrassa band has decided to experiment with electronica, mixing it with Mediterranean folk and achieving new sounds proclaiming celebration, love and happiness in every live performance. Their hypnotic music will get the audience dancing and singing to the rhythm of some infectious melodies. Ignasi Cabanes (guitar, ukulele, accordion and vocals), Martí Cabanes (ukulele, guitar and lead vocals), Albert Bach (drums), Cristina Martínez (piano), Salvador Cañadell (bass), Pep Tormos (trumpet), Ana Moya (violin) and Alícia Rey (guitar and vocals).
Cinema en curs
Cinema en Curs is a programme to teach cinema in schools and colleges, begun in 2005. Both current and former students were offered the chance to film shots and scenes inspired by Sense Sal’s songs as part of the experimental practical film-making programme carried out during a series of workshops. Their shots make up the pieces that will accompany the Sense Sal concert.
Participating institutions and supporting directors:
- PAE Espai Social Raval de la Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera (Barcelona) – Oriol Rovira
- Institut Antoni Cumella (Granollers) – Alba Cros
- Institut Bellvitge (L’Hospitalet de Llobregat) – Coralie Marin
- Institut Castellet (Sant Vicenç de Castellet) – Verònica Font
- Institut Maria Espinalt (Barcelona) – Carolina Astudillo
- Exalumnes de l’Institut Juan Manuel Zafra – Daniel Lacasa
- Exalumnes de l’Institut Moisès Broggi